CGSS equips individuals with the necessary skills critical for, and not limited to, the following roles
CGSS is an ACAMS certification that equips an organization’s workforce with a credential that represents a serious commitment to compliance with sanctions, in a world of increasingly complex laws, regulations, and policies. CGSS is global, allowing multinational institutions to strategically and uniformly apply the same program for all global employees. Become CGSS-certified and demonstrate to regulators a strong commitment to compliance in sanctions, as CAMS (the gold standard in AML certification) demonstrates to AML compliance.
CGSS enables organizations to tap into the diverse, international global network of ACAMS, the world’s largest membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of financial crime prevention professionals.
- Understand the restrictive measures imposed by sanctions, their purpose, and how they are introduced.
- Clear and analytical approach when faced with restrictive measures imposed by sanctions.
- Knowledgeable on organizations that issue and enforce sanctions, and individuals, countries and entities that are subject to sanctions.
- Detailed understanding of the risks of non-compliance.
- Knowledge to embed sanctions compliance into risk assessment and compliance programs, and training.
- Identify common methods that sanctioned targets use to evade sanctions.
- Differentiate between AML risk and sanctions risk.
- Perform sanctions due diligence to ensure that the institution is not conducting business with sanctioned parties.
- Governance and Enforcement
- Sanctions Evasion Techniques
- Sanctions Due Diligence
- Sanctions Screening
- Sanctions Investigations and Assets Freezing