(Objectives / الأهداف)
By the end of this course, trainees will be able to :
- Explain terms and concepts related to environmental and social sustainability.
- Describe how environmental sustainability works.
- Describe the three pillars of sustainability.
- Classify sustainability indicators and explain their role in environment protection.
- Express the ability to live more sustainable and responsibly.
- Express awareness on environmental laws and legislations.
- Describe the common structure of ISO standards and function of ISO14001-2015 on promoting environment protection.
- Explain how to run an environmental friendly business.
(Contents / المحتويات)
- Definitions: Sustainability, environmental sustainability, social sustainability, environmental policy, pollution prevention, management system, stakeholders, objective, indicator, metric / measure, audit, conformance, hazard, risk, competence.
- Objectives of environmental sustainability and social sustainability.
- The three pillars of sustainability.
- Role of sustainability indicators in environment protection.
- Environmental and social management system (ESMS):
- Overview/ understanding.
- Benefits of ESMS.
- Deming cycle (P-D-C-A).
- Policy – Organization commitment to managing environmental and social risks and impacts.
- Identification of hazards and risk assessment.
- Management programs.
- Emergency preparedness and response to prevent/ minimize harm to workers, society and environment.
- Organization capacity and competence.
- Stakeholders engagement.
- External communications and grievance mechanism.
- Reporting to affected communities.
- Monitoring and review.
- ISO14001-2015 (Environmental management system) in brief.
- Environmental laws and legislations in brief.
- Environmental sustainability in developing countries.
- Examples of environmental sustainability in the workplace.
(Participants / المشاركون)
- All interested Banks staff.
- Industrial sector employees.
- Other economic sectors employees including services sector.
- Any other person interested in getting aware of environmental and social sustainability .