(Objectives / الأهداف)
By the end of this seminar , attendees will be able to:
- Understand the new lending paradigm today with the inclusion of the FinTechfirms in the financial services industry.
- Appreciate different ways credit is analyzed with the additional data available for the credit assessment.
-Identify the key players in the industry.
-Have a view as to the evolution of the credit industry including FinTechand incumbent financial services firms.
-Get an introduction to Blockchain technology and how it is used with lending products in the financial services industry.
(Contents / المحتويات)
- we examine the FinTechindustry and how it has evolved since its inception and where it is heading:
- What is a FinTechfirm?
- Categories of FinTechfirms?
- Who are the creators of FinTechfirms?
- What do they finance?
- Where are they located?
- How do FinTechfirms differ from incumbents?
- Different credit underwriting methods.
- Speed from start to finish.
- User Experience.
- Legacy systems vs. new systems .
- Competition or collaboration?
- How data changed credit underwriting for different businesses?
- How Amazon finances its retailers.
- How Uber finances its driver’s vehicle.
- How is Big Data applied?
- Who has emerged as data providers for FinTechfirms?
- The different asset classes funded by FinTechfirms, also how these FinTech get the liquidity needed to fund their loans:
- Different asset classes & case studies:
- Consumer Lending: Lending Club, Prosper, Avant.
- Small Business Lending: iwoca, Kabbage.
- Trade Receivables Lending: Finexcap, Monetago.
- Student Loan Lending: SoFi, CommonBond.
- Point of Sale Lending: Affirm, LendingUSA.
- Aggregators: Lendio, Monito.
- Incumbent working with/owning FinTechfirms: Marcus, OnDeck, AppleCard.
- FinTech Funding:
- How do lenders assess FinTechloans?
- Initial funding.
- Loan sales.
- Warehouse facilities.
- Case Study: Prosper.
- Where the lending industry is headed with FinTech firms and incumbents, the use of Big Data, privacy rules and the upcoming recession, blockchain technology and how it is used in the lending industry:
- Future of the lending industry:
- Competition vs collaboration between FinTechfirms and incumbents.
- What are FinTechfirms doing today with their underwriting to prepare of a recession?
- Who of the FinTechfirms will survive?
- What are the privacy concerns?
- What is blockchain?
- Cryptocurrency vs Distributed Ledger Technology.
- Why is there so much talk about blockchain?
- What is an ICO? What happened to all the ICO issued in 2018?
- How does blockchain help the credit industry?
- Who is involved with blockchain?
-Use cases: Figure/Provenance, Rally Road.
(Participants / المشاركون)
- This course is aimed at professionals in the financial services industry, including traditional actors as well as new market entrants such as FinTech, who have arole in the transformation of the lending industry. This includes risk officers, innovation managers, technology strategists, and anyone with an interest in the evolution of the lending industry.